Reducing injuries from recreational activities (walking / running) is very important to maintain ones health, wellbeing, training schedules and to achieve the best outcomes for events. Our podiatrists are here to help you achieve exactly that by helping you perform at your best. By optimising your walking or running technique so your feet and legs function efficiently and effectively, you give yourself the best chance of staying uninjured.
The longer you can be injury-free, the more consistently you can train and the better your results.
Whether you are training for a particular event, or coming back to running following an injury, assessment of your gait and relevant advice to improve your technique will assist you in reducing injury. Our research grade Zebris gait analysis and Motion Metrix 3D video capture measure the force, pressure and timing of your gait pattern and will provide the information necessary to accurately change the way you move.
Running assessments help to:
- Increase running efficiency
- Reduce the likelihood of lower limb injuries
- Resolve those consistent niggles and pains
- Learn which technique drills, stretches and exercises will help with your technique
- Get specific advice as to which running shoes will work best for your new technique